Saturday 18 June 2011

My thoughts on Infamous 2

I recently finished playing through Infamous 2 for the Playstation 3 and thought I would share what I thought about it. It has been 2 years or so since the first Infamous released and it is still one of my favorite games. Infamous 2 takes what made the first one great and builds on it without changing that much. It starts a few months after the first game and the main plot revolves around the arrival of The Beast. After a run in with The Beast at the start of the game Cole MacGrath and his best friend Zeke head to New Orleans inspired New Marais in order to gain as much power as he can so he can defeat The Beast. Now as I said earlier this follows the same gameplay as the first game with a few new tweaks and powers. There is nothing radically different but that is a very good thing considering the first game was so good. It seemed to be slightly longer than the first game and if you played the first one you know that it was not a short game at all. I personally found the story a little more by the numbers then the first game but I was expecting that after the first one dropped such a big twist ending. This one tries but does not quite reach that level. That said it was still a very entertaining story and the new characters are very well written and are a personal highlight for me. If you enjoyed the first one you will enjoy this one too. If you never played the first one I would suggest playing through it since the story is so vital to the sequel but it is not required. They do an adequate job explaining what happened in the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment